Utilities – Water
Spotless’ Skilltech is one of Australia’s largest providers of meter installations, and energy and water efficiency services.
We read, install and maintain these services for the government, utilities and corporations throughout the country.
Managing projects of all sizes, and with more than two decades of service, the Skilltech brand has grown with a mass meter installation of over 880,000 Smart meters across Victoria.
In the last ten years, we have installed nearly 30,000 water-saving showerheads in Australian homes.
The quality of Skilltech’s service delivery is unparalleled. Supported by a hard-working team of electricians, plumbers, meter technicians, field workers, and many more, Skilltech continues to manage more than 52 million meter reads and 150,000 meter installations and replacements each year.
At Skilltech, we conduct our business with meticulous consistency, creating enduring partnerships with our customers, delivering customised energy and water efficiency service solutions.
Skilltech visits about 275,000+ homes per day around Australia. After 25 years of reading meters, we own highly refined processes that deliver quality for our customers. Our reading services include:
- Cyclic meter reading – automatic and manual
- Meter disconnections, restrictions and reconnections
- Off cycle meter reading, special meter reading, final reads and property inspections
At Skilltech we overcome geographical terrain and access issues when installing and replacing meters. Our systems enable our people to safely access difficult locations thereby maximising job completion rates. Our services include:
- Manual meter installation and replacement
- Automatic meter reading installation and replacement
- Smart / intelligent meter installation, replacement and maintenance
- Embedded and sub metering
- Solar metering
- Contestable metering and CT metering services
Throughout our 21 years of service we have continuously re-evaluated and developed new skills and services to support our customers. As well as reading meters, installing and replacing meters, we offer:
- Ongoing meter maintenance and repairs
- Call out services
- Asset management
- Compliance testing and meter testing
- Energy consultation and advice
- Inspections and surveys
- Leak detection notification
- Meter tapping
- Meter programming
- Statistical meter analysis
- Ancillary services including ripple control /relay replacements, meter box /board repairs
New meter reading technology benefits Skilltech clients and consumers.
Utility consumers in 195,000 households and businesses across the ACT now have their metering services completed by field workers using Skilltech’s latest mobile technology.
Skilltech has successfully implemented MiMtr™, a custom-developed metering services application. MiMtr™ is provided to customers at no additional cost to our metering activities and requires no ongoing expenditure.
MiMtr™ sends and receives information to and from field workers in real-time, and provides a portal for Skilltech’s Customer Care team to allocate, schedule and audit work. Client data files are scheduled and sent from this portal, with photographic evidence available on request.
MiMtr™ provides live operational reporting and dashboards on productivity and performance to Customer Care and Operations, with future phases (early 2017) providing this capability direct to Skilltech’s clients. For the first time, clients and Skilltech will soon be able to access the same source of up-to-date information. Consumers will also be able to complete a self-read using the MiMtr™ Consumer App, also planned for release in early 2017.
As Skilltech deploys MiMtr™ across Australia, our other clients and consumers will benefit from this leading edge meter reading solution.
Skilltech SmartPipeTM revolutionises portable stand pipe operations. It is a fully managed hydrant access service patented in-built technology. The portable Skilltech SmartPipeTM now takes standpipe management to the next level.
You can now:
- Receive real-time data (time, locations, quantities) allows for immediate verification and queries from end users.
- Access statistics for data-driven improvement, such as historical access and GPS location.
- Limit water anomalies and regulate water extraction activities with geo-fencing technology.
- Update your field equipment at no additional cost. Field repairs, yearly maintenance and calibration checks are all included.
- Automate monthly billing (for approved users) improving cash flow.