Spotless will serve over half a million food and beverage items at Australia’s biggest sporting event for the year in Melbourne this Saturday.
The official Melbourne Cricket Ground caterer will operate more than 250 outlets at the iconic venue for the AFL Grand Final between the Sydney Swans and Western Bulldogs. This includes members’ areas, restaurants, cafés, dining and function rooms, marquees, bars and food outlets.
Our team of nearly 2,300 staff commence their first Grand Final shift at 8pm on Friday evening with the last shift concluding at 2am on Sunday morning. They will serve about:
- 55,000 litres of draught beer
- 40,000 bottles of water
- 10,000 hot beverages
- 18,000 portions of hot chips
- 15,000 pies and sausage rolls
- 3,700 hot dogs
Spotless’ premium catering brand, EPICURE, will serve more than 6,000 corporate guests over 36 events at the MCG during the week, while those who attend the game will consume about:
- 10,000 corporate meals
- 12,000 East Coast prawns
- 900 kilograms of grass-fed Australian beef fillet
- 300 dozens of Victorian free-range eggs
- 500 kilograms of desiree potatoes
- 340 kilograms of Australian strawberry jam
- 400 kilograms of dark couverture chocolate
- 250 litres of Victorian extra virgin olive oil
- 800 punnets of baby herbs.
“The logistics, planning and attention to detail that goes into catering for the AFL Grand Final really is staggering,” said Spotless General Manager for Leisure, Sports & Entertainment Ian Delmenico. “It takes a huge effort from every member of our hard-working team to provide a great experience for all the fans lucky enough to attend the big day.”
In addition to the MCG, Spotless provides catering services at the 1300SMILES Stadium in Townsville, as well as nib Stadium in Perth.